Lavender essential oil is so very versatile. This quickly has become our go to oil for almost all of our needs.
Young Living’s Lavender is extremely popular. It is steam distilled from Lavandula angustifolia, a perennial, bushy shrub with a flowery top. Historically, Greeks used lavender as a perfume. The Romans used it in their baths for washing, for its cleansing qualities, and to deter insects. The Egyptians used lavender as an ingredient in incense and perfume. Queen Elizabeth I used it in her tea to soothe tension.
These are just a few of the many ways we are now using Lavender:
- Pillow Spray – My kiddos use this every night to support a great night’s sleep. You can put a few drops in a spray bottle with some water and spray on a pillow or in the room. You can add to a diffuser for a calming aroma or you can even just put a drop on the bottoms of our feet.
- Healthy Hair – Apparently once you have a pregnancy, some women experience tremendous hair loss (something about the pregnancy and hormones keeps them from falling out during pregnancy). I now rub just a few drops of the lavender oil on my scalp every morning.
- Soothes aching muscles – I drop a few drops of lavender into a cup of Epsom salts and then add that into my bath and then soak for about 20 minutes.
- Occasional head tension – sometimes life just finds your head overwhelmed. I find if you just massage a drop or two of lavender onto my temples, my occasional head tension dissipates.
- Healthy Skin – a few drops from Young Living’s Lavender essential oil, which is extracted from the Lavandula angustifolia plant, can soothe the skin and maintain healthy skin. My son was bit at church a few weeks ago. We used this oil to promote feels of calmness and maintain his beautiful baby skin.
- Occasional chapped lips – can be used as a lip balm to soothe and moisturize your chapped lips
- Fresh laundry – This is a great trick. Simply place a few drops of lavender essential oil on a wet cloth or dryer sheet to make your laundry smell fantastic. This will replace whatever dryer sheets you are using.
- Spring time wellness – Diffuse lavender essential oil to maintain great breathing during the springtime..
- Occasional stress – since it has calming properties, it can relax you, and often will help with occasional feelings of anxiousness..
- Fussy baby – Anytime my little one (nearly 8 months) is grumpy and having a hard time falling asleep, a little rubbed on her feet calms her down and supports her sleep.
- Mascara – Add a drop to your mascara tube for healthy lashes.
Lavender Vitality is also a great essential oil for so many things including Lavender Lemonade, and Lavender ice cream!
How are you using Lavender? I would love to find even more uses for this amazing oil.