Essential Oils and Young Living
Essential oils, known as nature’s living energy, are the natural, aromatic volatile liquids found in shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. The distinctive components in essential oils defend plants against insects, environmental conditions, and disease. Young Living is the world leader in essential oils and wellness solutions.
Backed by their amazing Seed to Seal process, millions of people are now experiencing the incredible power of essential oils. Through each step of the production process on both our own and our partner farms, Young Living uses the most exacting standards possible to make the products, your life, and the earth better. When you join Young Living, you join a supportive global community of individuals who are passionate about authentic solutions for themselves and their families. You also become part of our community, the One Drop of Oil community, that I helped co-found.
- I wrote an essential oil class just for you! You can read it all in one easy to read page!
- Are you wanting to attend a class in person or online? Drop me a message – let’s chat!
- This might help explain what you get when you join Young Living with a Premium Starter Kit:
- When you order your own premium starter kit, you will receive wholesale pricing on all Young Living products, which is 24% off of the retail prices. Although valued at over $300 retail, it only costs $160 and includes:
- 10 5ml bottles of our exclusive essential oil blends and single oils: Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Frankincense, Copaiba, Thieves, PanAway, R.C., Purification, and DiGize
- The DewDrop Diffuser for FREE [or for a small upgrade you can choose the Rainstone Diffuser or my favorite the Aria Diffusers (for a deluxe upgrade)]
- A 2016 Product Guide
- Bonus 5ml bottle of Stress Away
- one AromaGlide Roller Fitment (you can put this roller ball on any of our 5ml or 15ml bottles and have your very own roller ball!)
- 2 packets of Ningxia Red
- 10 Mini dram bottles for samples
- 10 Sample packets of oil (including a sample of Peace & Calming!)
- 10 product usage cards with a place to attach a sample
- To get started head over here to get your own membership.
Make sure to contact me once you get started so I can make sure to add you to our awesome Facebook community called One Drop of Oil and that I can get you connected with other support resources!
Do you still have questions? Here are some questions I get asked often:
- Q: Are all essential oils created equal?
A: No. When you are looking for oils to use for natural healing and their aromatic properties, it is critical that you use pure essential oils. Many store-bought oils are diluted, and therefore, are unable to deliver results. Young Living is the only essential oil company with the complete Seed to Seal process, where we watch and monitor every step from soil cultivation, planting, harvesting, distilling, bottling, and packaging.
- Q: How do I use essential oils?
A: Essential oils can be used via inhalation (through a diffuser or inhaling the aroma from the bottle directly) or topically (the oil is applied on the skin or hair), and our new Vitality line can be consumed (taken orally – either by flavoring a food or as a dietary supplement. Research shows that some essential oils are more effective orally.) Some oils cannot be applied “neat” (meaning “direct application”) and need to be diluted with a carrier oil, such as vegetable oil or almond oil.
- Q: If I am applying the oil topically, where should I apply it?
A: More often then not, it will be best to apply the oil to the affected area. If you are concerned about a certain oil, it can be applied to the feet. The feet are the second fastest way to absorb the oils into your body (behind the ears and on the wrists is the fastest). Also, some oils are photosensitive and should be either applied in places where the skin does not have direct exposure to sunlight or make sure you avoid direct sunlight for at least 12 hours.
- Q: Are essential oils safe for pregnancy?
A: Many Young Living oils are safe for pregnancy. Several oils should be avoided during pregnancy: Basil, Calamus, Cassia, Clary Sage, Cinnamon Bark, Fennel, Hyssop, Jasmine, Juniper, Myrrh, Nutmeg, Rosemary, Sage, Idaho Tansy, Tarragon (and blends that contain these).
- Q: Are essential oils safe for nursing?
A: All but two Young Living oil singles are safe for nursing. Those to be avoided are Peppermint and Clary Sage (and blends that contain these) because they typically create a reduced milk supply. However, I have been using Peppermint sparingly, as well as in the blend Panaway and have noticed no change in my supply. I have also read various things that say to shy away from Oregano during nursing, but again no issues here.
- Can essential oils be used on children?
A: Many oils are appropriate for use with children, and they should be diluted prior to use. Some YL products are pre-diluted with carrier oil as indicated on product label and are intended for direct application on children. Children generally respond well to oils, and use of a carrier oil is recommended.
- Q: Are essential oils safe for babies?
A: In Shirley Price’s book, Aromatherapy for Babies and Children, she mentions 19 oils that are safe for children. These oils are:
- Bergamot (Citrus bergamia)*
- Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica)**
- Chamomile, Roman (Chamaemelum nobile)
- Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens)
- Frankincense (Boswellia carteri)
- Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens)
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Lemon (Citrus limon)*
- Mandarin (Citrus reticulata)*
- Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
- Melaleuca-Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- Orange (Citrus aurantium)*
- Rose Otto (Rosa damascena)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)**
- Rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora)
- Sandalwood (Santalum album)
- Thyme (Thumus vulgaris CT linalol)
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
*These oils are photosensative; always dilute. To prevent a rash or pigmentation of the skin, do not use citrus oils when exposed to direct sunlight.
**These oils should never be used undiluted on babies and children.
Also, Young Living sells Gentle Baby, which is a soft, fragrant combination of essential oils designed specifically for mothers and babies. It helps calm emotions during pregnancy and is useful for quieting troubled little ones.
It is a blend of: Rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), Geranium (pelargonium graveolens), palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii), lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), lemon (Citrus limon), jasmine (Jasminum officinale), bergamot (citrus bergamia), and rose (Rosa damascena).