Nothing beats a cold lemonade on a hot, summer day. I love the way lemons smell. Since I’ve decided I am going to work through all of Young Living’s products, I’m going to document it in this blog. (See my first post in this series on Lavender here. I do hope you will follow this blog on this journey. There are so many wonderful products in Young Living.) OK – back to lemons. 😉 Young Living Lemon Essential Oil smells wonderful. Moreover, it is so practical and useful, with its many different benefits. I have just started using this oil and already have found many uses for it.
- Balances Skin (and hair): The properties in lemon essential oil will help balance your skin and hair if it is oily or can give it back some life if it is appearing dull.
- Household Cleaner: I love to add about a few drops to my DIY vinegar and water cleaner to clean floors, and to add just 3 drops to my 8oz bottle of vinegar water to clean my mirrors.
- Maintain healthy emotions: Lemon essential oil is also great to diffuse to support balanced emotions. Now when I feel crabby, I just diffuse a drop or two because it uplifts my spirits.
- Focus: This is also an amazing essential oil to diffuse to support mental clarity.
- Maintain Healthy Circulation: Rub on mixture of a carrier oil and several drops of lemon (remember to do this as night as lemon is a photo sensitive essential oil).
- Supports Healthy Digestion: mix a drop or two in your water and drink.
- Soothe A Throat: drinking some lemon water which feels so soothing on a throat.
- Support Healthy Immune System: I have started drinking a glass of water with a drop of lemon vitality (and a drop of orange vitality) daily to help cleanse my system and also to keep my body healthy.
- Detoxifying: many people I know use Lemon oil as part of their routine to maintain a clean system that is healthy and detoxed from the environment.
- I add to my DIY fruit cleaner – For all those yummy fruits I buy at Aldi, I just drop a little lemon essential oil in a bowl with some water and the fruit to help aid in cleaning my fruit off and help longevity of my fruit.
I know many more uses exist for this amazing oil. How do you use Lemon essential oil?
Missed a post in the series Using Essential Oils?
When you are ready to begin with a Young Living membership order here. (More information about what comes with the membership and how it works is here!)